Frequently Asked Questions
- What types of molecules and substances can the Green Solution Hood handle?
The Green Solution Hood with the Neutrodine® filtration system can handle a broad spectrum of molecules from a variety of chemical families including acids, bases, and solvents together or separately and all under the same hood. The use of powders is also handled with the addition of an optional HEPA module.
The Green Solution Hood is capable of handling 98% or more of the chemicals commonly used in 99.9% of laboratories. Most of the remaining 2% of chemicals are either non-toxic or they are chemicals used in less than 0.1% of laboratories.
- Can the Green Solution Hood handle large concentrations of chemicals, such as a chemical spill?
- The Green Solution Hood with the Neutrodine® filtration system and dual revolving filter system is capable of handling spills in excess of 1 gallon. (Intertek independent test results are available.)
- How frequently do the filters need to be replaced?
- How frequently the filters will be changed is determined by the use of the hood, of course. The Green Solution Hood Neutrodine® filtration system has been engineered to adsorb a wide variety of molecules while increasing the retention capacity by 50%, which doubles the life of the filter.
- When do the filters need to be replaced?
The on-board computer with gGuard software monitors the filter condition and ambient air condition and will signal an alert when the filter reaches saturation.
The Green Solution Hood uses a Dual Revolving filter system. When the main filter is saturated, the back up filter is removed to take its place. The main filter is collected and incinerated, and a brand new filter is installed above it as the new backup filter.
- Does the Green Solution Hood require a lot of operator intervention?
- The Green Solution Hood is very simple to use. Flipping the ON/OFF switch is the only operator intervention required. All of the functions of the Green Solution Hood are monitored and controlled with the onboard computer with gGuard software.
- Do you provide matching filler strips for the left and right side of a double-faced fume hood (200 Series)?
- Yes we do. Please specify filler strips when required along with the size of each.
- What is the maximum length for filler strips?
- Up to 120" long if needed.
- How do you handle an enclosure on a double-faced fume hood when the ceiling heights are different between the two rooms?
- We just need the heights for each room along with a dimension from the front of the hood to the back wall for each face of unit. We would then manufacture the enclosures to fit the three sides in each room.
- Can you make the fume hood and fume hood base different colors? If so, what is the cost to do so?
- Yes, the fume hood and base can be different colors. No cost increase for this option.
- What size wall opening is recommended for a double-faced fume hood?
- This depends on the preference of the installers. Some like two-three inches while other installers like one-two inches.
- If blowers are required, will you provide them?
- Yes, we will provide blowers, but do recommend having blowers that are on the roof so the ducting is under negative pressure as well. We realize this might not be the case in all buildings, so we will provide blowers to meet your needs.
- What are the different base structures/cabinets available for fume hoods?
- We have hood base cabinets, ADA base cabinets and frames, flammable (solvent) storage cabinets, corrosives cabinets, rollout flammable storage cabinets, and tube frame assemblies with or without casters.
- In hoods that are pre-wired and pre-plumbed, what is standard?
- We pre-wire to a junction box that sits on top of the hood. Our pre-plumbing can be piped to the top or bottom of the hood. Let us know which way you prefer.
- What color fixtures are standard?
- We provide a black plastic handle on the valves which are outside the hood and a chemical resistant powder coat finish that is color coded per service inside the hood.
- Do you have a chain driven sash?
- We do have an option to go to a chain driven sash, but our standard shaft drive sash system is less noisy and less expensive. Our sash is also self-leveling.
- I need a fume hood and don’t know what to order.
- Please call or email our sales or estimating department to help make sure you get exactly what is necessary for your application. Your safety is our number one priority.